Supporting Your Pet’s Primary Vet
Our hospital and services are not intended to replace the care your pet receives from their regular veterinarian. We work cooperatively with vets throughout Toledo and surrounding regions to meet the emergency and critical care needs of the community. We’re proud to support area animal hospitals by providing a wide variety of advanced emergency services.
If your pet sees us for treatment, we will inform your veterinarian of your visit and send them (and you) your pet’s medical records.
Emergency Vet Services
We Offer in the Toledo, OH Area
To handle a wide range of dog and cat emergencies, our hospital provides an equally diverse array of services, including but not limited to:
- Emergency Surgery
- In-house Laboratory Testing
- Oxygen Therapy
- Digital Radiography
- Blood and blood products
How Do I Know if My Pet is Having an Emergency in Toledo, OH?
Certain incidents and conditions require immediate medical attention for your pet. These include:
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Bleeding that persists after 5 minutes—while transporting your pet to our facility, be sure to apply pressure to the wound with a clean cloth
- Loss of consciousness
- Difficulty breathing; blue tongue, pale gums
- Convulsions or seizure activity
- Collapse, or unable to stand and/or walk
- Ingestion of harmful toxins such as rodenticides (D-con), chocolate, xylitol (artificial sweetener), prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs, nicotine, household cleaners, or antifreeze
- An inability to urinate or defecate (straining); cats may show signs of this if their litterbox remains clean, they urinate in small amounts on the floor, vocalize more than normal, and lick at the genital area
- Abdomen is swollen or distended (with or without vomiting)
- Traumatic events such as being hit by a car, falling from a great distance, or any blunt force injury or burn
- Sustaining a penetrating wound, including bite, stab, and gunshot wounds
- Heat stroke, which is characterized by weakness, heavy panting, heavy drooling, and an unusually high body temperature
Our Veterinary Reviews
My son's best friend Kitty Kat got a huge gash on his side tonight, of course we had to take him to get fixed up. Brought him here, they were caring and awesome! So nice, one of the best experiences I've had at an emergency animal clinic.
My little Oliver was in such good hands, I can't thank you all enough for helping my little guy out!
Amazing staff! Even though I didn't get to bring my baby home, I felt confident that she was in good hands! They kept me very well informed throughout the entire process.