Does your dog or cat have an urgent medical issue that’s not necessarily an emergency? At Veterinary Emergency Center, we have doctors and staff dedicated to providing outpatient care for pets that need immediate treatment for non life-threatening conditions. Our experienced clinicians are happy to offer their services to the dogs and cats of the greater Toledo, OH region.
With urgent vet care, we aim to give pet parents the peace of mind they deserve. You will not need to wait until the following day to see your pet’s primary veterinarian; our highly qualified team is here to assist you during convenient hours.
When Would My Pet Need Urgent Care?
Conditions that usually require urgent care from our team include:
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Coughing and sneezing
- Straining to urinate or have a bowel movement
- Change in urine frequency, color, and amount
- Noticeable change in food and water intake
- Changes in behavior
- Signs of intestinal worms
- Minor wounds or bite marks
- Lumps under the skin
- Swelling of the face
- Eye swelling, redness, and/or discharge
- Runny nose, discharge from the nose, or crusting around the nose
- Debris, discharge, and/or odor coming from the ears, ear twitching
My little Oliver was in such good hands, I can't thank you all enough for helping my little guy out!
Amazing staff! Even though I didn't get to bring my baby home, I felt confident that she was in good hands! They kept me very well informed throughout the entire process.
My son's best friend Kitty Kat got a huge gash on his side tonight, of course we had to take him to get fixed up. Brought him here, they were caring and awesome! So nice, one of the best experiences I've had at an emergency animal clinic.